Saturday, June 25, 2011

Windows 8 Previewed at D9

great job windows teams! Here are a few requests/comments on some things you did announce/didn't announce.

MORE CONSISTANCY (any time you change something [anything at all] from WP7 you should ask yourself (why is our way better. if you can back that claim up... both teams should follow down said path):

I noticed the message "alert" icons on the "lock" screen were slightly different than the ones on WP7. I don't care which ones you use but please use the same icons across both Operating Systems (although I love WP7 design language as is so I don't know how y'all could improve it).

I hope those tiles are "live" and if so I hope they have the same boucing and flipping animations that Windows Phone's tiles have. I dont know what I would do without an emoticon changing on my "Messaging" tile.

I noticed that "Music" had one tile and "Video" had another. If Windows Phone team thought "Muisc + Video" should be one hub, what is Win8 teams justification for two seperate hubs?

"Games" Hub. Please for the love of god kill the GFWL brand. You should simply have a "Games" Hub featuring "Xbox LIVE." Xbox should = Games, Music, and Video across all your platforms (Yes. Zune brand should also be buried with GFWL).

Why in WP7 is it one long grid of "tiles" that trail off the screen but in Win8 they are divided into clearly defined chunks?

Kill the "Control Panel" name and just call it "Settings" (believe it or not "Settings" is less intimidating than "Control Panel"

___________

I want to be able to "pin" everything to the "Start" screen not just apps. Contacts, a specific song or album. a web page, maps, etc. etc.

get rid of the "Start" in the background of the "Start" screen. make it plain like WP7. Feels too much like WMC with "Start" back there (and no that is not a good thing)

___________

Thanks for the consideration. Looks Great. Keep working hard. Focus on bringing the best of all corners of MS together into Windows 8 and you can't fail.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment