Saturday, April 28, 2012

Creative Spotlight: Ryan Boyle

Ryan Boyle caught our eye with his Adobe Ideas-created and Photoshop Touch-edited artwork. Instantly, we knew his comic book-like creations would make a great feature as our Adobe Touch Apps Twitter background. Following a Twitter correspondence with the illustrator, we were able to ask a few questions about his ideal travel destination and how the Adobe Touch Apps have made transitioning between iPad and desktop software virtually seamless. Check out what he had to say, along with his Adobe Touch Apps work, currently being featured as our Twitter background, below.

Creative Layer: How have the Adobe Touch Apps changed your creative workflow?

Ryan Boyle:  It’s definitely a lot easier to carry an iPad or other tablet device around for sketching and brainstorming rather than my laptop and Wacom. What’s especially nice about Adobe Ideas is the ability to take the concept from the iPad into Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop to prep for production without having to scan the image in or lose any quality.

How much of a difference has direct touch input made to your creations?

I can create something wherever the idea hits me. Before, I would have to wait until I got home to sketch out a concept and hope that I hadn’t forgotten what was brilliant about it.

Of the different Touch Apps, which is most instrumental to your creative process and why?

I do a lot of sketching so Adobe Ideas is my favorite. I particularly love its vector capabilities and that I can scale my sketches and designs up as large as I want without losing quality.

If you had the opportunity to travel to anywhere in the world with your Touch Apps, where would it be and why?

Italy, for sure. With all of the amazing art and architecture, where else could you find so much inspiration?

What are the top three sources you look to for inspiration?

I would say my top three inspirational web sites are FFFound.com, Dribbble.com and Behance.net.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment