Sunday, March 11, 2012

Adobe Touch Twitter Background by Justin Rawcliffe

Justin Rawcliffe got our attention with his submissions to our Adobe Touch Apps Twitter channel, creating his pieces with Adobe Ideas. We got in touch with Justin to chat about his work, and how the apps have changed his workflow. Check out what he had to say, along with his Adobe Ideas masterpiece, currently being featured as our Twitter background, below.

Creative Layer: How have the Adobe Touch Apps changed your creative workflow?

Justin Rawcliffe:  Adobe Ideas has partly replaced my use of pencil and paper. I used to use pencil, paper and ink, then scan and Live Trace with Adobe Illustrator. Now, I just sketch with Adobe Ideas and email the PDF to myself, open with Illustrator. Much quicker and easier.

How much of a difference has direct touch input made to your creations?

Certainly, it saved me lots of paper and ink. I always liked to draw and scan, then Live Trace so it has streamlined the process a lot and enabled me to work quickly and easily anywhere.

Of the different Touch Apps, which is most instrumental to your creative process and why?

I have always been a massive fan of vector artwork. I love the crisp perfect lines, pure color, the control and adjustment that vector artwork allows. So, Adobe Ideas is essential for me.

If you had the opportunity to travel to anywhere in the world with your Touch Apps, where would it be and why? 

Has to be NYC. Times Square, or maybe a Florida beach at sunset.

What are the top three sources you look to for inspiration?

I’m inspired by the work of other artists. I never tire of seeing what other artists are creating. I check regularly various artist networks online, behance.net, Flickr and ffffound.com. I also follow a lot of great artists on Twitter and am always interested in seeing what they are working on. You can find me on Twitter and see my works in progress @Ju5stin.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment