Friday, October 19, 2012

Conditional formatting: marking your most important mails

(Our numbers tell us that many people want, learn conditional formatting in Outlook-a clear explanation is unten--so we back this post to the top spot better move it with you all over.)

Last I wrote about quickly create rules , to help to rid your Inbox of so-called Graymail month. This week I wanted another tool to ensure that the correct mail out stick, if you read below in the message list in your Inbox. This opinion comes directly from Outlook best practices - a set of guidelines to help, be as productive as possible with Outlook.

You can customize conditional formatting, different messages based on criteria that you set appears in your Inbox message list. Conditional formatting makes unread messages by default fat. By adding your own customizations, you can mark the messages that are most important to you.

For example, if you are at work, are emails that are sent directly to you and no one else probably some of the more important news for you review. For this reason, you can these messages greater than others are displayed in your Inbox.

When you set up conditional formatting from the Inbox on the view in the current view Group tab, click settings, and then click Bedingte the formatting. Click create to Add a rule to the conditional formatting.

Let me take you an example. I sent first a style rule for mail, which only to me, so after clicking on Add, I called it "only you."

clip_image001

Next State clicked and then specify that I want to request messages, where I am the only person in the line at .

clip_image002

Then click OK, I clicked the font and should be selected, as I see the text in the message list. Since these are the most important messages, I chose a red color and a larger, bold font.

clip_image003

I repeated this steps to create conditional formatting for mail, where I'm on the line at , with other people, mail, that I was on the CC line, and mail that has been sent to a specific distribution list (DL) rather than directly to me. Here are the results of what they look like in my Inbox.

clip_image004

The different sizes and colors help you will find the most important mails and let the others later. I recommend that you try conditional formatting rules that will help you keep more organized your Inbox. For some people, with a specific color for messages from family members or messages from your boss than others can mean. We love to hear what works for you, so a comment below.

Josh Meisel

Outlook program manager


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment