Monday, July 4, 2011

Top 5 Open Source Software"that saved my life!


Open Source Software (free software) is available in all forms and all different operating systems. Some work really well and others are simply a waste of time plane. There were a few Open Source programs that are me are really out of sticky situations all free of charge. I personally use Mac OSX operating system, but I think that all software that I list will work through of multiple operating systems.

My favorite personal top top top, my number one, must be virtual box. Virtual box is running different operating systems both directly on your computer. Use virtual box on my MAC 10.4.11 Tiger operating system to run Windows XP (soon to be on the rise of classification for Leopard on Mac and Windows 7) virtual box can run operating systems either transparent or in a separate window, I prefer the transparent mode which allows you to use windows on your mac desktop programs. My main use for windows on my mac is that I develop Web sites that must be checked through all web browsers, but you can run windows programs.

* VirtualBox is a freeware if you want to run windows or mac as additional OS, you must purchase the windows or mac OS. You can install the free Linux operating system.

Number two on my list should be FireFox. FireFox is a web browser which is a dream of web developers. There are so many free plugins that you install in firefox for as many different uses, blog to find key words, ftp' Bookmarking ing. Plugins help you manage multiple tasks in a go and all in one place. Lost, it was my thumb, and was close to become my a chosen number one.

Coming in close to the number three is Audacity. Audacity is an interplates sound editor which allows recording, editing and export of a virity of the formats such as mp3, aiff and M4A. Use Audacity for editing sound from a microphone tie clip which was captured on a ZOOM H2 SD recorder before importing FCP to paste on my clips. The amount of this free baby Edition is outstanding and saved me loads of money on paid alternatives.

A watch of life for my Mac to the number four is VLC player. For those who are DVDs may like to use MV2 compression of their films for the best quality of burn it to DVD. (I know that some will say H.264 is better, but I prefer Mv2) The problem is that the Mac does not support playing back this type of file, except on DVD Studio Pro, or if you purchase a Quicktime plug-in from them for £ 20. I like to watch the exported images by before importing it into my project of DVD Studio Pro, and some of you there can just watch Mv2 (or Mpeg2) files without having to compress in another format. This is where VLC media player, it is the only media player that I found which will play Mpeg2 video on the mac with on the Quicktime plug-in to be installed.

Number five is Gimp. GIMP is an alternative open source to Photoshop that also supports layers. Teach students a few design of web sites of the month, and the imaging tutorials, I use Gimp because it is just as effective as with on Photoshop label price. When I teach that I would like to use the software that is fully accessible to people I teach, instead of having to fork out loads of money on programs.




Darren Michael works with sites Web, film and photography, and he also loves teaching all these items for people who want to learn. If your interested in my web related working visit my Site Web CMS of Creative archive, featuring some of the Web sites I built recently.

Alternatively you can see my Creative Digital Manipulation, see my potential.

I hope you enjoyed your reading, there is more to come on photography, cinema and more related content Web.


No comments:

Post a Comment