Sunday, June 16, 2013

Building on our vision of modern computing

Hello Julie and congrats for the great job you guys are doing on both Windows and Windows Phone.

I am using both Windows 8/RT across my PCs/Tablet and Windows Phone 8.

I love and strongly believe and supporting to Microsoft's new vision that introduced with the new Windows. I am following the Windows Blue development very closely and I really like what I see so far (well from the leaks) Windows 8 evolving and changes based on customer feedback and while I see you guys responding to almost all major criticism on Windows 8, I am surprised and kind of disappointed that one major subject has not been discussed, or leaked yet. It is my personal No1  complain from the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 and my No1 request for Blue in both Windows and Windows Phone, its causing major problems to me and thousands if not million others and its nothing else than the absent of a real Notification Center.

Currently the Notifications on Tiles method you are using is causing the following issues:

1. The only way to get Notifications is to pin a Tile to the Start Screen, so we have to pin tiles for Apps we do not even want to have in our Start Screens just to get Notifications.

2. Even then, the Notifications are spread across the Start Screen (which is getting bigger and bigger in daily bases) and we have to manually scan every single tile to spot a numeric notification on Tile.

3. Notifications are hardly synchronized across my Windows devices. I read a Skype message on my phone and its still shows on my Tablet for example until I read it again from there. That happen with many apps.

4. Lock Screen Notifications are limited to a specific number. I never had more than 7 notifications pending in my lock screen at the same time, but I always have more than 7 Apps issuing Notifications in different times and due to the App limit we cannot have proper Lock Screen Notifications, I am always missing something because of the App limit.

5. App specific Controls like Music controls are appearing randomly on the screen

So basically we have a great App oriented OS with most Apps issuing and generating Notifications and we do not have a Notification Center to handle them properly.

Like all major competing OS already offer, we also need an advance Notification Center to host and organize ALL App Notifications under one roof and be able to read, or dismiss Notifications from there easily. From the same place we can also access App Specific Controls like Music Volume etc. All App can then push the same notifications (just numeric and not in detail) on the Lock Screen, there is no need for Notifications Limit on the Lock Screen please take off this limitation.

I really really really hope you guys are working on it for BOTH Windows and Windows Phone Blue (it just didn't leaked yet)

I really hope that finally a real Notification Center will be a major part of the next update.

Keep up all the good work, I hope such a feedback will help the team even farther.

Thanks


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment