Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Love and appreciation are in the air!  In many parts of the world on February 14, symbols of love are found almost everywhere you turn. Our employees took the opportunity to express their appreciation by sharing why they LOVE working at Adobe. They told us what motivates and drives them to come to work every day.

Here’s what they had to say…

A young office with hammocks, scooters and loads of sunshine. The relaxed atmosphere makes it a fantastic place to work.A vibrant young office with hammocks, scooters and loads of sunshine. The relaxed atmosphere makes it a fantastic place to work.My son and I participated in an apple picking morning through Village Harvest which was a volunteer event to provide fresh fruit to local food banks. My son and I participated in an apple picking morning through Village Harvest which was a volunteer event to provide fresh fruit to local food banks.

It's been a wonderful journey while working, earning, learning, and having fun as a team. We Love to be a part of Adobe. It's been a wonderful journey while working, earning, learning, and having fun as a team. We love to be a part of Adobe.

“I love Adobe – great colleagues, challenging work, sabbatical every 5 years, an environment that values my ideas and being part of an organization that is making an impact in the world through our technologies and philanthropic and green initiatives. After over 20 years, I am proud and excited to be a part of Adobe!” Angela S., Sr. OD Consultant“I am independent here – in my thoughts, in my expressions. I have an opportunity to work with a group of wonderful and talented people who always inspire me to do something different and evolve my creativities, not just through my work but through non-work activities too that now delight me as a person in my personal life as well. The positivity that I have today is reflected by the environment that I work in. And, it really feels good to work for the company that makes the most creative products in the world. I am proud to be part of the Adobe team.” Vaishali A., Lead Quality EngineerI love my co-workers. I love my co-workers.

Valentine's Day celebration at Adobe. Valentine's Day celebration at Adobe.

Creative people. Creative ideas. Creative people. Creative ideas.

“Adobe allows us to create company-sponsored clubs and actively supports those clubs. I have always been very into skiing and snowboarding, so when I joined Adobe 2.5 years ago, I created the Adobe Ski & Snowboard Club. Now we have over 170 members in the Bay Area, and for the second year, we leased a cabin for the full winter that is available to all Adobe employees and their families/friends.”  Mike S., Financial Analyst“My manager plays several different roles for me – a guide, a mentor, a friend, a consultant and not to forget a manager. Facilities provided at the workplace, make me feel as if I’m working from home. Adobe also provides me with everything I need to fulfill my career goals. I can say proudly that Adobe always emphasizes on employee growth. I love to be a part of Adobe!” Anit Kumar P., Technical Support AssociateI love Adobe because I can go downstairs and have a cup of coffee with the president of Adobe Japan. I love Adobe because I can go downstairs and have a cup of coffee with the president of Adobe Japan.

Adobe’s innovative products and great people make it a fun and exciting place to work! Adobe’s innovative products and great people make it a fun and exciting place to work!

I love Adobe because we have great experiences to share with our customers. I love Adobe because we have great experiences to share with our customers.

“Literally ever since I was a little girl hacking away at our family’s first desktop computer, I dreamed of working at Adobe someday. Fast forward a few years and here I am – living my dream! Everything about Adobe has been amazing thus far and sometimes I am still in awe that I am here. Living proof that if you set goals they are completely achievable with your mind set and a bit of hard work.” Shauna E., Web Production Designer“I love Adobe because of the responsibility to community and environment through green and social contributions as well as the bottom line; the encouragement to be healthy, gym, wellness programs, incentives including to bike to work; and the fascinating, diverse, smart and passionate people and projects to work with. I love that it is a place I have, can and will learn and grow. I love that what we create together empowers creativity, disruption and future building.” Brett F., OD ConsultantI love that Adobe cares about my health. I love that Adobe cares about my health.

I love a challenge…I learn something everyday. I love a challenge…I learn something everyday.

Great brand and excellent facility to host customers. Great brand and excellent facility to host customers.

“In my interview, I started to develop a crush on Adobe when I was told that there is a group that organizes volunteer events with community partners and matches donations to non-profits. My love deepened when I joined the ESCAPE Committee and got to plan fun events for my coworkers. And now, with Adobe actively working to be more green, my love is in full bloom. I love working for a company that cares about it employees and the communities where they work and live.” Roberta L., Administrative Assistant“We’re selling not just products but real, integrated, custom solutions for our customers, and “enablement” is the watch word for performance management. We are doing innovative and bold things to support our incredibly talented employees in the field – things that other companies are only dreaming of, like actually measuring the impact of training on the business – and I’m surrounded by the smartest, most interesting, and heck the best looking people in the software world. Adobe was my first corporation, my first love – and maybe, just maybe, it might be my last.” Jane B., Enablement Effectiveness & KPIs“Over the last decade, I was amazed that my love for Adobe would transcend across to so many individuals. Loving and embracing Adobe will only keep on growing!” Angiah S., Government HeadIt’s the confidence that I have the freedom to work my way, do what I believe in and yet deliver on my commitments. This charges me up every morning to start a new day at Adobe. It’s the confidence that I have in the freedom to work my way, do what I believe in and yet deliver on my commitments. This charges me up every morning to start a new day at Adobe.

I'm part of Green Team made up of engaged employees that is currently sponsoring a program to make solar more affordable for employees and their friends and families. I'm part of the Adobe Green Team made up of engaged employees that is currently sponsoring a program to make solar more affordable for employees and their friends and families.

I love all that Adobe does to be a green company – from the wind spires and Bloom Boxes providing alternative energy to the emphasis on recycling and composting, the organic produce in the cafes, and the efforts to reduce energy use and paper. I love all that Adobe does to be a green company – from the wind spires and Bloom Boxes providing alternative energy to the emphasis on recycling and composting, the organic produce in the cafes, and the efforts to reduce energy use and paper.

To learn more about other benefits and perks Adobe provides, visit www.adobe.com/careers. Change the world through digital experiences and join our team today.

Thanks to all employees for contributing to this piece.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment