Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quick creation of a rule in Outlook 2010

(Note: this post was published for the first time in July 2010, is very popular.) (Of course, many of you want to help help your overflowing mailboxes manage and apply to the rules feature in Outlook to you.)

If you are a heavy e-Mail user like me, chances are good that you subscribe to a lot of mailing lists. Unwanted spam is an issue that we in our mailboxes to fight, but perhaps more confusing is that the amount of e-Mail messages, we call "Graymail."

Graymail consists of these newsletters, coupons and alerts, which can be sometimes useful, but are not the things you above to be displayed on the in your Inbox. For example, some contains the Graymail which I receive regular notifications from Netflix, sales flyer from a local outdoor retailers and e-Mail from a discussion group of food and wine.

I like what film see Netflix has supplied to me, or what to sell my favorite stores, but since this news is not time-critical and I don't need to answer, I will appear in your Inbox. I would move the messages to a folder rather, where I they can browse later.

Outlook 2010 makes it easy for me to sort e-Mails, the attention of Graymail. For example, if I have a shipping notification received from Netflix, I went home tab on the Ribbon and then clicked rules. Then I clicked always move messages from: Netflix. The station was proposed, based on the sender and recipient (if it has been sent to people other than you).

clip_image001

For a destination folder I my notifications and alerts folder chosen that would go all my current and future messages from Netflix to this folder. I did the same thing for other companies, which I regularly news about sales and events which interest me.

Now, I will never see registration an another Netflix in my Inbox, but they are always in my folder notifications and alerts that I read every day or two.

clip_image002

When I myself for a new mailing list sign up, such as the food and the wine list, the I me them "always move" command to quickly create a rule, I do specifically for the E-mail messages to that mailing list in a new folder moves.

clip_image003

I hope that this simple way to create rules will help you to control your Inbox by Graymail messages in their own folders, move and keep only the most important messages in your Inbox.

Josh Meisel

Outlook program manager


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment