Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What to do, number and taxi ride together your flight home have?

Today's blog post, it is introduced by Abhay Parekh. Abhay is in his final year of engineering of the University of Mumbai in India a. In addition to his own studies, Abhay teaches students how to create and use Microsoft Access databases to lower-level. What a fighter!
It was a lonely Sunday afternoon when suddenly my cell phone rang. My friend was calling to see if I was done with my software project. Oh, oh. I would get better on it.

I had create a Web site that tracked in real time information about flights, buses, cars and other transportation services for a fictional high-traffic airport. To do this, I had to feed, 75 kilometers of the airport calculated the likelihood of traffic within this mass of transport data through an algorithm. The main part of the database would real-time input for several tables and columns at the same time. The algorithm would then for each flight landed, calculate, so I would have at least 150 taxis available for arriving passengers.

Calculation of real time minute by minute had the website informs all authorities to keep such as the taxi service, air traffic control, airport parking, baggage claim and customs. If one of these authorities in arrears is the website recalculated to affect the other services. I needed a database application, the time for me to focus on the encoding of the front end (UI and scripting part) could freely for my software project. Access 2010 was the answer.

Access 2010 would first receive second by second updates on flight numbers, flight name, flight origin, flight the number of passengers, flight arrival time, flight delay time (if possible) and the like, and store that data in a table. The second table would at the same time take inputs via airport cab information with core details such as cab cab types, numbers, taxi driver name, cab working hours and the like, and information about the other types of pick up at the airport come and then would these authorities of real time info on the requirements of the cabins, Cab behind, passenger backlog, flight delays. Access played an important role in the analysis of the information and processing of the key figures of the specific details.

Also, I wanted to use the website for a card, to map locations of planes, taxis, etc. in real time.  With Bing maps, the site calculates the details and stored at regular intervals in the database. The history in access 2010 predictions would then future requirements and capabilities.

I chose Microsoft Access 2010 from three reasons to use:

With access 2010, the new improved expression builder comes to write simplified my duties of formulas and expressions. This feature allows me to focus on my database creation task. If I write a formula or an expression, it automatically searches it for errors and Autocorrects. I don't even know if I a typo. This saves a lot of my time.
Watch a video to create an expression.

Additional data bars in conditional formatting can you show me my rules to the conditional formatting from a single view.  This in turn helps me in the development of complex reports with Visual impact. This feature allows you to see me, also trends, such as shows of census a country with a growth of the population in the State.
Watch a video about how to use conditional formatting to reports.

Some University computer do you have installed Linux and not Office. Now, that there are access Web databases I can use any computer, to complete my project work.  I can now access any database in a browser, in fact without access installed on this system. Because these forms in the cloud are to get the changes I make automatically synchronized. Hurray! Access 2010 is my hero!
Learn more about creating an Access database on the Internet to share.

Access is a database app without which I could have finish on time not this project.  And guess what? My project was awarded UI "Most innovative" design concept and also because of its ability, real time data often and safe track elegant. The Dean of my University congratulated me and asked me how I info could get as fast and smooth database. With a smile, I said "Sir, as always Microsoft and its top of the line products ROCK!" "And as always, I did it with Microsoft Access 2010."

-Abhay Parekh

Abhay Parekh is an engineering student at the University of Mumbai in India. He is in his final year studies towards a degree of information architecture.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment